Registration for the 2018 Spring baseball season is now open and will remain open until February 28, 2018.
When registering please keep in mind the following:
- Please register your child based on their age (as of 8/31/2018) at the following costs:
- Pony $55.00 age 5-6 (birthdate between 9/1/2011 to 8/31/2013)
- Colts $55.00 age 7-9 (birthdate between 9/1/2009 to 8/31/2012)
- Minors $70.00 age 8-10 (birthdate between 9/1/2006 to 8/31/2009)
- Majors $70.00 age 11-12 (birthdate between 5/1/2005 to 8/31/2007)
- Plus a $50 fundraising fee per family
- Multiple child discount will be auto deducted at registration
- Families with more than two children in the immediate family will receive a $50 discount per additional child after the first two children.
- Early registration discount of $10.00 / player offered until midnight January 31, 2018
- 2018 PCBA Divisions
- Pony – This is meant to be an instructional level of baseball. Offensive players will be hitting the baseball off a tee for the first half of the season. For the second half of the season, the coaches can start pitching to those kids that they feel are ready to attempt to hit the ball from a pitcher instead of off the tee. Defensive players will be put into baseball positions (catcher, pitcher, 1st base, 2nd base, shortstop, and 3rd base) with additional kids spread out in the outfield. The games are 3 innings or 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Colts – This division is meant to get the kids ready for the next level while teaching the kids the game of baseball. Defensive players will be put into baseball positions (catcher, pitcher, 1st base, 2nd base, shortstop, and 3rd base) with additional kids being spread out in the outfield. Kids will get the opportunity to pitch to the batters. If the batter does not hit the ball after four (4) pitches, the coach will then pitch to the batter. There will be no strike outs and no walks. The inning will end after the defensive team makes three (3) outs or all players on the offensive team get a chance to hit, whichever comes first. The time limit for these games is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Minors – This division is “real” baseball. There is one umpire from the Hershey Umpire Association per game. The games are 6 innings or 1 hour 45 minutes, whichever comes first. There is no stealing of any base until May 1, 2018 and no stealing of home for the entire season. All teams make it to the playoff tournament the week of June 2-10, 2018.
- Majors – This division is baseball. There is one umpire from the Hershey Area Umpire Association per game. The games are 6 innings or 1 hour 45 minutes, whichever comes first. All teams make it to the playoff tournament the week of June 2-10, 2018.
Please contact Rachel Bown with any questions regarding registration at email@example.com